Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 18 and 19: Good Health

I know I mentioned that my little boy was sick over the weekend. And that his fever went away Sunday morning. But it was back a bit on Monday night and then again Tuesday morning. So much so that I got so paranoid just thinking about it yesterday.

It's so hard to have kids who are sick. And to top it off, we have that Dengue epidemic (I don't care what the government wants to call it, but to me, it is what it is) that scares the heck out of me. A was sick Thursday last week, and was sent home from school. Friday, it was RL's turn. So can you imagine my paranoia when his fever recurred Monday evening? (Read: Dengue Scare)

So for Monday, I am thankful to have a pediatrician who loves and cares for my kids - a pediatrician who is on call, who gives out her mobile number so she can reassure you on your child's condition.

I'd rather be sick than have my kids go through it. I get so paranoid!

And because my son's fever didn't recur after his last bout with it at 7am yesterday, I am thankful that RL is okay. No more fever. No more colds. I think we can rule this fever out as his body fighting off the onset of a bad cold? Nevertheless, he is well and that's what counts.

Prayer is the best medicine. Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment